– Content and Marketing Coordinator, Press Office at EmmanuelleChaix
The best time to choose a puppy is when he/she is between 6 and 12 weeks. This is when we can make mini assessments to establish if he/she would be a great pet based on your lifestyle.
It is normal to feel drawn to a particular puppy and the following steps will help you make the right judgement. However just like children, it is never fully clear what your puppy will turn out to be in his/her adult life.
So to detect potential areas of behavioural issues and overall characteristics of your puppy-to-be, please take time to observe the following:
- Is the puppy fully awake and moving around?
- Are the puppy’s eyes looking healthy and bright?
- Is the puppy reacting to movement such as a moving toy?
- Is the puppy breathing without coughing or sneezing?
- Is the puppy reacting to clapping?
- Is the overall appearance of the puppy good and clean? ☀ ⚡