Really, no chocolate?


When it comes to sharing your favourite foods with your dog, there is one snack you have to hold back and keep all to yourself! Chocolate!

The toxic component of chocolate is called theobromine. Humans easily metabolise it, but your dog would process it much more slowly, allowing it to build up to toxic levels in his/her system. This is basically an overdose reaction.

Chocolate contains substances which your dog is far more sensitive to than we are. As a general rule, dark chocolate is the killer. The darker and more bitter the chocolate the greater the danger.

Dogs including puppies are renown for eating pretty much anything falling from the table whilst you are having diner or baking, or they even love searching for food around the house, this is part of the fun of having a strong sense of smell right. And this is what Christmas celebrations, birthdays, entertainment times are about isn’t it, indulging in delicious chocolaty cakes, bourbons, handpicked luxurious chocolates from the box. However it is important you keep your chocolate bar to yourself, eat it all if you wish, but do not share it with your dog. Enjoy, and always remember it is dangerous to your dog.

Make Contact

© EmmanuelleChaix

Advertisements

Talk to us, any questions, ask here:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s