– We run Workshops for dogs and puppies regularly, Make Contact to sign-up to the next one – How about Building a Bond with Your Dog? This Workshop for dogs is scheduled to take place on 22-23rd September 2018 in Oxfordshire, it has been running a number of times with great success.
This is a two-day workshop with Paul and Sophie who will help you have fun and improve the relationship you have with your dog. Ever wanted to know if your dog has an aptitude for scent, tracking and search work? Now is the chance to find out, under the instruction of Paul, ex police dog trainer, or if you have done some of this type of work before, Paul will help you go to the next level. He is also going to throw in a session of lure racing for a bit of fun at the end of the day!
Sophie, Advanced Instructor with the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers (BIPDT), will be demonstrating and teaching retrieve work. She is a hidden gem! Topics covered over the two days will include:-
– Whistle work – recall and stop
– Long Line and lead work
– Basic obedience – and how this is relevant for any training
– Cars, doorways, crates and gates
– Learning the correct heel position and the importance of lining up
– Retrieve work – sending off, some tips on how to get the perfect delivery
– Retrieving a variety of items
- Searching in a specific area
- Scent and tracking work
- Learning the importance of wind direction
- Lure racing
This workshop is suitable for any pet owner, dog walker, dog professional or trainer. Both Sophie and Paul are experienced at teaching beginners and advanced dogs and owners, so if you just want to have a go at some of these fun activities for the first time, come and join us, or if you have already done some before and want to go to the next level, they will be able to help you reach your goals. The cost for the two days will be £150 to include lunch each day and refreshments. This is a small workshop with lots of individual time, so places are limited. Maximum 12. One dog per owner. If you have more than one dog you can bring them all, but only work one each day. No dogs under 6 months.